Here’s everything you need to know to catch the preseason opener for the Kansas City Chiefs as they host the Cincinnati Bengals.
This could be the start of a memorable journey.
The Kansas City Chiefs have a single goal this NFL season—winning their first Super Bowl since SBIV—and they’re not only ones who believe it’s possible. Many NFL analysts are also believers in Andy Reid‘s high-octane offense, as they should be, and in the defensive potential of this team—at least enough to clear the hurdles that presented themselves last season.
More from Arrowhead Addict
- Former Chiefs cornerback in legal trouble in Las Vegas
- Chiefs Kingdom: Get ready to break contract news
- Chiefs news: Travis Kelce wants to host fan ‘chug-off’ in Germany
- Podcast: Breaking down the Chiefs biggest roster battles
- KC Chiefs send Dave Merritt to NFL coaching accelerator
The Chiefs are Super Bowl favorites for many, which makes this season one for the books. If this story ends with lifting the Lombardi, we’ll look back at this opening night as the start of it all—the preseason opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
What’s at stake tonight? Nothing official, of course. Whoever wins or loses tonight will be forgotten within days, but there’s certainly a lot to accomplish on both sides of the ball for the Chiefs. The primary thing is getting to see dozens of young players in real game action for the first time.
"“Everybody will play in the game,” said Head Coach Andy Reid on Thursday. “The main thing is that we get some of the young guys some playing time. You normally cut down the game plan a little bit for this. Just take some of the simpler plays – the easier plays that you’ve run during camp – and let them go out and play.”"
The Chiefs will also hope to avoid injuries tonight, as is true for any practice or game, so expect a quick hook for any player who comes up ailing in any way, even if it’s minor.
Key articles to check out before tonight’s game:
- Scouting Report – Jordan Mannix breaks down both sides of tonight’s game with key players to watch and positional battles of interest.
- Madden Sim – We asked Madden 20 what to expect and the Chiefs dominated in ways we’d only dream of.
- QB breakdown – Andy Reid discussed how much each QB will play.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch and enjoy tonight’s game.
CINCINNATI BENGALS V. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
When: 7:00 p.m. C.T.
Where: Arrowhead Stadium
TV Announcers: Ari Wolfe, Trent Green, Todd McShay, B.J, Kissel
Radio: 101.1 FM
Radio Announcers: Mitch Holthus, Kendall Gammon, Dani Welniak
Weather: Partly cloudy, high temp. of 92°
Series History: Bengals lead series history, 15-14 (all regular season matchups)
Last Meeting: 2018, Chiefs 45, Bengals 10
Going to the Game? Check all the details you’ll need to know here.