It’s time for a full NFL mock draft!
We’re almost there, Addicts! The countdown to the 2016 NFL Draft is inside of 10 days!! That means it’s time to really start gearing up these mock drafts and start coming up with some predictions.
To help with that, I’m going to take a different approach this week. While I’ve been focusing on the Kansas City Chiefs’ draft choices thus far, it is important to remember that nothing happens in a bubble at the draft. There are 31 other teams that have a say in what you’re going to do.
More from Kansas City Chiefs Draft
- KC Chiefs come to terms with five draft picks
- Nic Jones faces double-edged opportunity with Kansas City Chiefs
- Chiefs news: Chamarri Conner signs rookie deal
- KC Chiefs: Felix Anudike-Uzomah had minor thumb surgery
- Nic Jones ready to show he belongs with Kansas City Chiefs
So this week I will be doing a full 1st round mock draft before filling out the rest of the Chiefs draft options. Bear in mind that there is almost no way that the draft works out this way. We shouldn’t even expect the draft order to remain the same as there are already a number of rumors flying around about teams looking to make moves. Plus, the absolute second one pick goes “off track,” the whole sequence of events is pretty much just shot to hell.
So before I get started, here are some general guidelines that I’ll be using…
- I’m not going to predict any trades of picks. Simply put, while I am certain some more will happen, they are just too unpredictable to be speculating on for this.
- I will be operating under the assumption that the trade for Colin Kaepernick goes through. I will talk about this some, but for projection purposes, we’ll go with this because the common belief is that it will happen.
- Just because I select one guy for a team, it doesn’t mean I don’t think another player would also be a good pick. I will highlight alternatives for every team, but please understand that just because I didn’t go with the guy you would have, doesn’t mean I don’t think it would happen.
- I am trying my best to approach this from the point of view of the team. I have scoured just about every source and rumor I can find to make as informed a decision as possible. None of these picks are “what I would do”.
- I won’t predict any trades for the Chiefs this week. I think they will be movers on draft day, but I’ve covered that the past few weeks and don’t feel the need to this time.
For those of you looking to do your own research, here are some excellent resources, including a site where you can run your own mock draft simulation:
I invite everyone to offer up their opinions own mocks in the comments section. Mock drafts are meant for interaction and discussion. There are still plenty of players I need to study up on, so I’m sure I have missed more than a few that other people are interested in.
So, without further ado…
Next: With The First Pick...