If you’re like us, the theatrics and excitement of such a thrilling (and ultimately frustrating) game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals were more than enough action for a Sunday afternoon. In fact, if you joined us for the Arrowhead Addict post-game show, then you’ll know we needed several beverages just to recover.
However, the amount of action on the field at Paul Brown Stadium likely kept us from seeing some compelling (and potentially dangerous) action on the Chiefs’ own sideline.
In case you missed it (which we did), it turns out that someone working on the visiting sideline for the Chiefs had their coat literally catch on fire. Yes, a coat on fire. While we don’t have any video or photos of the fire itself, the aftermath is made clear in this video where it looks as if Scrooge McDuck was put through a fan with a hilarious view of the coat in question.
We’re thankful that this person is clearly okay and that no one was hurt in the incident. We’re also glad the coat seems pretty useful even now after going forward. And now that employee has a nice story to tell, a memorable one that will likely draw a few laughs from an afternoon that otherwise had most of us in Chiefs Kingdom sad and ready to turn the page.