The NFL preseason is officially underway, and that means that many of you will be starting your fantasy leagues soon. Considering the way fantasy football has altered due to a change in the league, there are a lot of factors you have to consider when drafting.
After doing research on teams to lay out precise rankings and figure out a valid ADP for the Chiefs players. To help give Chiefs Kingdom a guideline to making sure you get the most value out of your draft, I figured I’d shed some light on the matter.
Some guidelines you need to be aware of when doing these rankings,
- ADP is based upon a standard 10-team league.
- Positional rank is based with PPR for positioned players.
- Taking into consideration players who have a tendency to get injured have been dropped drastically.
Patrick Mahomes, Quarterback
Position Rank: 1
Average Draft Position: Late round 4/Early round 5
Explanation: When it comes to your fantasy draft, there is one thing you need to consider: there are 32 quarterbacks in the league and you really only need one on your team. With that being said, Mahomes is by far and away the best quarterback to own on your fantasy team and holds the highest value. The way that the league is altering, taking a quarterback in the first round could be considered reckless due to other needs. Looking at how teams are running their backfields nowadays, the value of an elite running back is going to hold a lot more value than a quarterback or even a receiver.
Over the course of the past three seasons, Mahomes has recorded the following stat lines.
- 2018: 5,097 yards, 50 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions for 516 fantasy points
- 2019: 4,031 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions for 338 fantasy points
- 2020: 4,740 yards, 38 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions for 449 fantasy points
As you can see, the value of Mahomes is quite high, but it’s drafting your team to need that will help you succeed. Mahomes has one of the best teams around him since 2018 and it’s not likely that he will disappoint. When doing your draft, if Mahomes is there on the back-half of round four/early round five, you should be pulling the trigger on him with no hesitation.