Kansas City Chiefs are a wonderful frustration
I love the Kansas City Chiefs. They are without question my favorite sports team and I will follow them through the good days and bad for as long as I am blessed to walk this Earth. I had a blast watching them play on Christmas surrounded by family. The celebration of Christmas, family, good food, and Chiefs football….it really doesn’t get any better than that. Just that in and of itself would have been good enough but the Chiefs decided to fill our collective stockings even more. They also gave us the following gifts to be thankful for:
1. The Chiefs beat the defending Super Bowl Champions on Christmas night 33-10.
2. The Chiefs clinched a playoff birth Sunday AND eliminated their hated rival the Denver Broncos from the playoffs in the process.
3. Dontrai Poe threw an amazing leaping touchdown pass that both ended a recent second half touchdown drought and gave KC fans everywhere a play they can look back on and smile for years to come.
4. After a brutal loss to Tennessee last week where they failed to get the ball to their best offensive players (which I ranted about last Monday) they actually responded this week with a healthy dose of Tyreek Hill and especially Travis Kelce who went off for 11 catches, 160 yards and a touchdown.
5. The Kansas City Chiefs have a legit shot at the number two seed in the AFC and a first round bye if they can win against the Chargers next week and Denver can knock off the Raiders who now find themselves without their star quarterback.