Nov 12, 2015; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy (25) running the ball in the second half at MetLife Stadium. The Bills defeated the Jets 22-17 Mandatory Credit: William Hauser-USA TODAY Sports
Kansas City will be hosting the Bills this Sunday and it should be a blood bath. This game has the feel of a Steelers and Ravens game where the marquee match-up will feature two great defenses as the focal point.
Buffalo is coming off a loss to the Patriots where it appears Tyrod Taylor may be questionable to play this Sunday after sustaining what looked like a collarbone injury. This would certainly play into the Chiefs favor as the Bills backup EJ Manuel is nowhere near the threat that Taylor is.
Regardless of who’s starting at quarterback, Buffalo’s defense is good enough to keep them in the game and in my eyes pose as the greatest threat for the remainder of the Chiefs season. These teams are built the same way sharing similar strengths on defense and weaknesses on offense. My guess is from an entertainment stand point this game will feature a lot of field goal kicking and not be watchable to anyone outside these two fan bases.
A win against Buffalo would put Kansas City at 6-5 with a tie breaker advantage in the playoff hunt and possibly in an even better position with the rest of the AFC West all having competitive matchups (Oak at Tenn, SD at Jax, and NE at Den).
In the spirit of Thanksgiving I want to list off some things I’m thankful for being a Chiefs fan.
- I’m thankful Eric Berry is cancer free and taking names
- I’m thankful the Chiefs drafted Marcus Peters
- I’m thankful the Chiefs proved me wrong and their season isn’t over
- I’m thankful that we have a better quarterback than Brody Croyle
- I’m thankful that our undrafted backup running backs are currently better than a first round draft pick starter that plays in our division
- I’m thankful that are best receiver isn’t Dwayne Bowe
- I’m thankful the no receivers catching touchdown streak isn’t a reoccurring conversation anymore
- I’m thankful I’m a part of the greatest fan base in football
- I’m thankful that although Peyton Manning has dominated the Chiefs they may have very well been his demise
- I’m thankful the Justin Houston deal got done, that was a long summer
That’s what’s on my mind, Addicts, what’s on yours? Connect with me on twitter @brandonfry_