Madden 13 Running Back Ratings: Top Ten
The folks over at EA Sports are slowly releasing player ratings in the lead-up to the much-anticipated Madden NFL 13 game.
Last week they released the QB ratings and now this week we move on to the RBs. EA is starting by releasing the top ten and not surprisingly, the Chiefs have a player on the list.
10. Micheal Turner – RB/Atlanta Falcons 91 OVR
I think Turner is kind of on the downside of his career but there is no doubt that he is still an effective back. I could see this rating going down this season.
9. Jamaal Charles – RB/Kansas City Chiefs 91 OVR
Charles falls a bit from a 95 to a 91 coming off his ACL injury. That is kind of annoying but I guess I can understand it. If Charles is back to normal, I doubt the folks at EA will hesitate to make it right. Charles should be in the 96-97 in my opinion.
8. Steven Jackson – RB/St Louis Rams 92 OVR
Jackson is a beast. He just needs some decent players around him.
7. Frank Gore – RB/San Francisco 49ers 92 OVR
We all know Gore can be an effective runner but I could also see him slowing down a bit this season.
6. Matt Forte – RB/Chicago Bears 93 OVR
Forte deserves this boost. He was having a tremendous 2011 before getting injured.
5. Ray Rice – RB/Baltimore Ravens 95 OVR
One of the best in the game.
4. LeSean McCoy – RB/Philadelphia Eagles 95 OVR
LeSean was awesome last year but he jumped from an 88 to a 95. Can he stay at 95 this season?
3. Arian Foster – RB/Houston Texans 96 OVR
Foster has shown he is a consistent back. I wonder if his rating will hold up this season without Eric Winston at RT?
2. Adrian Peterson – RB/Minnesota Vikings 97 OVR
Peterson is also coming off an ACL injury but he’s had more productive seasons than Charles so I guess the guys at EA are giving him the benefit of the doubt here. There is no doubt that when he is right, Peterson is the best back in the NFL.
1. Maurice Jones-Drew – RB/Jacksonville Jaguars 97 OVR
Is there anyone more consistent and overlooked than MJD? He is at the top of the mountain now but if he continues his holdout from the Jags, he could find himself with a bout of Chris Johnson syndrome in 2012.
What do you think, Addicts? Is Jamaal Charles’ rating fair?