Final 2020 Draft Class Grades
When I first planned this piece I was going to average all the picks evenly to get the final grades. However, the move I thought about it, the more I realized it seemed wrong to weight Clyde Edwards-Helaire and BoPete Keyes equally when evaluating this draft class as a whole. First round draft picks are seen as the best way to acquire talent in all the NFL and 7th round picks are flyers to see if you can find a diamond in the rough.
Therefore, I decided to weight the grades by round, using the following multipliers.
- 1st round grade multiplied by 1.4
- 2nd round grade multiplied by 1.2
- 3rd/4th round grades as they are
- 5th round grade multiplied by 0.8
- 7th round grade multiplied by 0.6
Using those multipliers the grades average out as follows:
- Weighted Avg. Draft Slot Value Grade: B-
- Weighted Avg. Fit With Chiefs Grade: A-
- Weighted Avg. Immediate Impact Grade: B-
- Weighted Avg. Long Term Upside Grade: B+
Overall Draft Class Grade: B
There you have it Chiefs Kingdom, your full report card for the 2020 draft class. Do you agree with these grades? Do you think I was too kind or too hard on certain picks? What do you think about this way of grading the picks by category? I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments below.