Well Addicts, it’s the final playoff game before the big dance and what a game it’s been. As I did earlier with the Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots match up, I thought I’d throw you my quick thoughts on this game as it’s been playing out.
- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is developing nicely. Although I still believe that Alex Smith is the superior quarterback of the two, CK7 is turning into quite the signal caller. That jump pass for a touchdown in the third quarter was fantastic and pure arm strength.
- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is definitely the lesser of these two quarterbacks. He’s much more inconsistent than Kaepernick and really more of a game manager, though he managed to make a few great plays in this game. The big 51-yard pass to receiver Doug Baldwin was huge as was the go-ahead touchdown at the start of the fourth quarter.
- Both of these defenses performed as advertised, though I’m surprised there haven’t been more interceptions.
- It is more evident to me than ever that the Chiefs absolutely have to upgrade their receiving corps. After watching what Kaepernick has been able to do throwing to Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis really makes me salivate thinking about what a better passer like Smith could do with an upgrade at receiver next year.
- Jim Harbaugh is one of the most emotional coaches I’ve ever seen.
- Marshawn Lynch is truly deserving of his nickname “Beast Mode.” That guy is incredible. It never ceases to amaze me that with three or four 250-pound-or-more defensive linemen on him, he can still move forward for three or four yards.
- I really hope that whoever wins this game can beat the Denver Broncos.
Those are my thoughts, Addicts. What do you think?