Well it’s back!
Yes the greatest and loudest NFL stadium in the NFL is truly that once more.
Diehard Chiefs fans who are not just there out of loyalty, but there out of a desire to have the time of their lives.
With a few tips from your Arrowhead Adventurer, your day at Arrowhead can be better than you ever imagined.
1. Get there early. You cannot get to the stadium to early. Get there at 9am. Earlier, you might have to talk you way in. It’s worth it.
2. Tailgating does not have to be complicated. If you had a long drive and woke up early, think about simply picking up some of the best BBQ in the world. Opinions vary, but if it is in KC, its likely to be good. Most places open up at 9am on game day. Bring two chairs and a small table if you feel like it and your ready for the best tailgating in the world.
3. Stroll around. Introduce yourself. Talk some Chiefs talk with people that want to hear what you have to say. Face it, your lunch crew might be ready for a different topic. These people always welcome it.
4. Bring a football and throw it around if you like to do such things. Play catch with your neighbors. Play catch with your friends. If you don’t or can’t toss a football bring one anyway and watch your fellow tailgaters play catch with it.
5. Bring rain gear. No matter how slim the chance of rain is, at least bring one of those little cheap dollar ponchos. They are priceless when that unpredicted shower finds you, and they work surprisingly well.
6. Walk around the inside an hour or so before the game. Even if you don’t have a lower level seat, you can still wander down to the field before the game starts. Act like you belong there and you will.
7. Introduce yourself to your Arrowhead neighbors when you find your seat and resume the Chiefs talk you left on the parking lot.
8. Put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem. Watch for a possible fly over during. Sing along and say home of the “CHIEEEFS” at the appropriate time.
9. Keep your eyes on the jumbo tron and be ready to scream and yell and wave should you appear.
10. Enjoy the game, but do not leave early. Don’t. You don’t leave church early and you don’t leave a Kansas City Chiefs game early.
That’s what I have today. We have almost a month layoff before Arrowhead opens her gates again, plenty of time to plan.
See you there!