Well Addicts, it’s been a long time since your Arrowhead Adventurer had more fun inside the greatest NFL stadium in the world than outside on the parking lot. Too damn long!
Something has been missing from the in Kansas City for a long time.
You know exactly what I’m talking about.
Things aren’t as exciting as they used to be.
But what will bring excitement back to the Red Sea? I’ll tell you what!
So without further BS, here is what I want to see in Kansas City in 2013.
1. I want to see kickoffs returned for touchdowns. Just like they used to be when Dante Hall rammed the ball down the throat of those brave enough to enter that sea of red we call Arrowhead. I want to sit in my little seat and know it can happen every single time it’s our turn for the ball.
2. I want to see sacks. REGULARLY! By one guy. Like when Jared Allen or Derrick Thomas would clean house. You feel me. I want to see fear in the opposing quarterbacks face through my binochulars.
3. I want to have complete confidence in our head coach. Like I did with Dick. And Marty. When we lose I want to know it wasn’t because of poor coaching.
4. I want to see wild west plays that lead to scores. That lead to wins. That lead to post season appearances with hope. You betcha.
5. I demand to see plays succeed because one guy wouldn’t quit. Like Priest Holmes wouldn’t quit. Or Joe Delaney.
6. I want to see confidence in the eyes of our players from my little seat in Amen Corner. Maybe just a little glint of fear. Fear born from the knowledge that our team is going to fight. Hard. Fear born from the knowledge that careers have ended and lives have ended on our field.
7. I want to see our tight ends score and score and score.
8. I want to see kick butt replays on sports shows of Chiefs plays and then hear the color commentator say “And the Chiefs went on to win…”.
9. I want to see someone dump a big cooler of Gatorade on Andy Reid.
10. I want to be excited about the Kansas City Chiefs again. And hear others talking about them in the break room. And hear little kids at the mall with little KC jerseys talking breathlessly about our team.
How about you?