We are under two hours until the Kansas City Chiefs take the field against the Atlanta Falcons.
I’ve been wrestling with my final prediction all week. The homer in me wants to pick the Chiefs, of course. Realistically, however, I think the defense could struggle. Brandon Flowers and Derrick Johnson will likely play but the Falcons feature two of the game’s best receivers in Roddy White and Julio Jones. think it will all come down to how the safeties play. If Travis Daniels and Eric Berry play mistake-free football, KC’s defense should perform well.
I don’t anticipate a blowout but I think the Chiefs fall short in this one. This Falcons team has been together for a long time and I just think they are more likely to be polished on both sides of the ball than the Chiefs. I still think KC has a great team and will contend for the division but I think there will be some growing pains early for the new offense.
Falcons 27, Chiefs 24.
Let’s hope I’m dead wrong.
Now here are a few over/unders for you:
1. Jamaal Charles will have 100 yards rushing.
2. Matt Cassel will throw one interception.
3. Derrick Johnson will have seven tackles.
4. The Chiefs will score three touchdowns.
5. The Falcons will rush for 130 yards.
6. Julio Jones will have 6 catches.
7. Dexter McCluster will have 70 yards receiving.
8. Justin Houston will have two sacks.
9. Dwayne Bowe will have 100 yards receiving.
10. The Chiefs will score 24 points.
Leave us your predictions for the over/under and the game in the comments!
Tags: Kansas City Chiefs