Every year at the NFL Draft in New York City, a group of players predicted to go in the first round are invited to attend. Most of the players usually show though there are always a few who do not.
It can be embarrassing if a player shows up and is not taken on the first night. Nobody wants to be sitting alone back stage.
Arrowhead Addict was on hand in 2010 when the Chiefs selected Eric Berry. Berry was in attendance and we talked with him on the red carpet before he became a Chief.
Last year, though AA was was present in Radio City Music Hall, Jonathan Baldwin was not.
This year I figured since the Chiefs were picking 11th that it was almost a lock that KC’s pick would be there. Well, that may not be the case. The NFL has released the full list of players expected to attend. Check it out.
1. Mark Barron, S, Alabama
2. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
3. Michael Brockers, DT, Louisiana State
4. Morris Claiborne, CB, Louisiana State
5. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
6. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
7. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
8. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
9. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
10. Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
11. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
12. Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
13. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
14. Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
15. Matt Kalil, OT, Southern California
16. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
17. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
18. Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State
19. Nick Perry, DE, Southern California
20. Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
21. Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State
22. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
23. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
24. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
25. Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
26. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
Two of the players most often mocked to the Chiefs, guard David DeCastro and linbacker Luke Kuechly, are not listed.
What do you think Addicts? Is the next Chiefs on the list above?