AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly Expert Picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Wes Welker (NE): Welker takes the top spot this week after the Patriot’s big win against the Jets. Welker’s production has suffered recently as opposing defenses have figured out how to disrupt Tom Brady and the Patriots offense. This week however the Pats play the Chiefs. Expect Welker to get back on track. Projected fantasy points: 13.4.
2. Greg Jennings (GB): The Packers’ top receiver takes the second spot. Jennings caught his sixth touchdown of the year against the Vikings. The Packers play the Bucs this weekend, and Jennings will undoubtedly get plenty of looks. Projected fantasy points: 12.2.
3. Calvin Johnson (DET): It’s been a long time since Calvin Johnson wasn’t the top projected wide receiver. Johnson didn’t score against the Bears, but finished with 81 yards receiving. The telling stat with Johnson is that he has scored at least one touchdown in every game but two. Projected fantasy points: 12.1.
4. Dwayne Bowe (KC): Bowe had his worst performance of the year against the Broncos, finishing with 17 receiving yards off two catches. This weekend will be a good opportunity for Bowe to bounce back as the Chiefs will be playing the Patriots. New England has the worst passing defense in the league, and shouldn’t be able to contain Bowe. Projected fantasy points: 10.5.
5. Roddy White (ATL): In the Falcons loss to the Saints, Roddy White finished with four catches for 62 yards. The Falcons play the Titans this week at home. Expect White to finish with at least 72 receiving yards. Projected fantasy points: 10.2.
Not top 5, but could be: This week’s wide receiver that missed the cut but is in position for a big game is Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald. He had his best game of the year against the Eagles on Sunday, catching seven passes for 146 yards and two touchdowns. Arizona will have a tough time scoring against the tough San Francisco defense, but Fitzgerald is talented enough to beat any opposing secondary. Projected fantasy points: 8.3.
Article By Bart Lopez