Yesterday we brought you the Madden NFL 12 ratings for top ten rookies.
Unfortunately, Kansas City Chiefs first round pick, WR Jonathan Baldwin, did not make the cut. This is not surprising considering he was taken with the 26th pick in the first round.
Today, the Madden team released the top ten rookie WR rankings and Baldwin checked in as the third best rookie WR in the game with a rating of 71.
The rest of the top ten WR’s are after the jump.
10. Greg Salas – STL – 66 OVR
9. Titus Young – DET – 67 OVR
8. Leonard Hankerson – WAS – 67 OVR
7. Vincent Brown – SD – 68 OVR
6. Torrey Smith – BAL – 69 OVR
5. Greg Little – CLE – 70 OVR
4. Randall Cobb – GB – 70 OVR
3. Jonathan Baldwin – KC – 71 OVR
2. Julio Jones – ATL – 78 OVR
1. A.J. Green – CIN – 80 OVR
Baldwin’s initial rating is a little bit lower than I had hoped it would be but he will have plenty of time to bring it up if he performs well early.
I have to admit, I like the approach Madden is taking by rating rookies on the lower end of the scale. Guys who have never played a snap in the NFL, regardless of how good they were in college, shouldn’t waltz into the game with really high ratings.
If Baldwin is able to raise his rating significantly this season, the Chiefs will have one of the best receiving groups they’ve had in Madden in years.
And maybe in real life too.
What do you think Addicts? Is Baldwin’s rating too low?