Just a few thoughts before we leave the subject of Micheal Vick. I am sure Roger Goodell will have Mr. Vick on a short leash this year. I am glad this whole thing was settled before the Dog Days of August and the beginning of training camp. It seem to me that the Cleveland Browns and the Dawg Pound are a natural fit for Mr. Vick. If he signs with the Browns I am doggone sure he will help that franchise. I just don’t see him dogging it in training camp this year!!!
Enough of the levity! On a serious note we are all saddened by the passing of coach Jim Johnson of the Eagles — a former Mizzou Tiger who built great defenses. His presence will be missed. Nobody blitzed better.
Recently, I happened to watch the homecoming starring Rick Reilly. This edition featured Kurt Warner. Guess who appeared? The old crying coach Dick Vermeil who promptly teared when he reminisced over the World Champion Rams. Dick and Carl Peterson are partly responsible for the mess the Chiefs franchise is in because of poor draft-day decisions (Ryan Sims, etc…).
The Chiefs have several important issues coming out of training camp. Among the least important:
1. Will Brodie Croyle make it through camp without another injury?
2. Jason Whitlock lamenting the trade of Tony G.
3. Will the Chiefs have another brawl with the Favre-less Vikings?
4. What will be the combined weight of the Bayou Brothers tag team — Dwayne Bowe and Glenn Dorsey — by camp’s end?
5. Which Chief will be the first to encounter the wrath of Todd Haley (and do we just not know about this yet?)?