Regardless of what offseason grade you’d personally give the Red and Gold, I think we all know things could have been much worse. For instance…
10. Brian Waters flies to Kansas City and throws a temper tantrum in the Chiefs’ complex. (wait a minute…)
9. Mike Vrabel totally blows off all OTAs. (wait a minute…)
8. The Chiefs draft a 3-4 defensive end with the third overall pick. (wait a minute…)
7. Dwayne Bowe goes on the special diet of ex-teammate JaMarcus Russell, gains over 30 pounds. (wait a minute…)
6. After his teammates pull a prank on him by hiding his Metamucil, Zach Thomas quits football and moves into a retirement home.
5. Mike Brown’s contract demands are too pricey, the Red and Gold bring back Greg Wesley instead.
4. Larry Johnson recorded on video through a peephole spitting in the face of a girl who looks a lot like Erin Andrews.
3. The Chiefs send Tony Gonzalez back to NorCal after the Raiders are the only team to make a trade offer for the future Hall of Fame tight end.
2. The Broncos swipe in at the last moment and steal Mat Cassel right out from under the Chiefs with a trade, then move Jay Cutler for a bazillion draft picks.
1. The Chiefs balk at the asking prices of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley, hire Mat Millen and Rod Marinelli instead.