1. They have a young, promising quarterback who desperately needs a more consistent No. 1 receiver than Lee Evans. An average fleet of receivers just became a top-rate fleet.
2. The Bills didn’t look like a playoff team on paper before today. They might be now, even in a tough division. This is especially true if they draft well. The Dolphins and Jets aren’t insurmountable.
3. Money. The Bills are playing a game in Canada every year while rumors about them relocating to Los Angeles circulate. No other possible personnel move could have stirred up this kind of buzz for a franchise that desperately needed to create some buzz.
4. If T.O. screws up this year, not only will he never play in the NFL again (probably), but he’ll punch his ticket out of the Hall of Fame. He has to behave.
5. That being said, T.O. for one year at $6.5 million, or Laveranues Coles for four years at $28 M. Simple, right?
6. Unlike Marvin Harrison, T.O. was reportedly clocked running faster speeds than he ever had before heading into last season. He can still separate.
Now, for a lot of teams this would have been either not enough (our Chiefs and the Raiders come to mind) or an unnecessary gamble (Patriots and Titans). But for the Bills bringing in Terrell Owens was a move worth making. I’m glad we didn’t touch him, but you gotta appreciate the set of big bison balls on the Bills front office. I hate the Cowboys, so I’m rooting for it to work out.
Addicts, sound off on T.O. in Buffalo. Will it work out? Were any other teams really interested?