If we are indeed shifting to a 3-4 defense, and we haven’t officially hired a defensive coordinator…then Scott Pioli bringing in his old buddy Romeo Crennel to be the Chiefs’ new D.C. is still a possibility, right? When thinking about the 3-4 and Romeo, several questions come to mind:
- What will we do with Glenn Dorsey? Can he bulk up and play the nose position? Is he even tall enough to be an effective 3-4 defensive lineman at any position?
- Would we be interested in Albert Haynesworth, as it looks like he will be available?
- Julius Peppers. Would he be interested in us and vice versa? It doesn’t look like we are currently one of his four preferred destinations.
- Would Crennel even want the job?
- If Crennel doesn’t end up being our D.C., can Clancy Pendergast and Gary Gibbs, two D-coordinators who never ran the 3-4, install it successfully?
There’s certainly a lot to ponder when it comes to both the rumored 3-4 switch and the TBD D.C. situation, so…
Addicts, sound off on the 3-4 and Romeo Rumors…