- Prediction of the week: Shawn Merriman‘s departure signals the first of at least 2 key injuries certain to sink the Bolts playoff hopes this year. Couldn’t happen to nicer bunch.
- Now that the regular season is under way, I find that I am having mixed emotions about the fact that both of the Chiefs‘ starting DEs are putting up better stats than Jared Allen. I’d call those emotions amusement, gratification, and optimism. Hey there Jared buddy, considering the rough start you’re having, how ’bout you let me get the next round? heh heh
- His 1st competition . . .
- (Team name here) Keys to this Sunday’s game:
1. Stop the run
2. Stop the QB
We’re not talking rocket science here folks.
- Does somebody need a hug? http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909129/1027
Sean: “It’s not your fault.”
Will: “Don’t [censored] with me Sean! Not you!”
Sean: “It’s not your fault.”- Good Will Hunting
Seriously, where’s Robin Williams when you need him?
- Donks update: The one division rival that many thought (including myself) would go nowhere fast this season is in fact the quickest of all coming out of the blocks. Jay Cutler is a force; Eddie Royal (a guy I was hoping the Chiefs would draft) is an instant phenom. Uh oh.
- Who do I most want to see show up for their first regular season game this Sunday? I’d be happy to have any or all of Damion MacIntosh, Chan Gailey, Dwayne Bowe, Brad Cottam, Will Franklin, or Pat Thomas make their season debut.
- Who do I least want to see show up on Sunday? I won’t name names but they play for the Raiders and their initials are JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden.
- Speaking of Run DMC and the dysfunctional mess that signs his checks, how long will it be until we start referring to him as Darren McFaiden? Come to think of it, do we really need an excuse?
- Not to dwell on it, but was that really Bill Bellichek preaching to the league about the importance of coaching clean and following the rules? Hmm, I think he positioned himself as the frontrunner for NFL Goat of the Week Award. Way to go Bill!