Thanks to the good folks over at YardBarker.com, and of course “The Show” himself, we have an exclusive interview with Chiefs star Dwayne Bowe for you! D-Bo not only has a new official site, but he will be blogging for YB from here on out as well. Here’s his latest post. Bark it up! (By the way, YB is blowing up and becoming the place to read pro athlete’s blogs. Great site for sports fans.)
Here are the questions. It’s a quickie but goody. Hopefully, we’ll be able to do this again and you can definitely read his thoughts over at YB…
1. My brother and I were at your first home game at Arrowhead when you completely took over and caught the game-winning touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings. The atmosphere was simply electric. You seemed jacked, you were calling for the ball. What was that game like for you?
It was just like college. I just felt like the team needed me and I took it into my own hands like I did when I was at LSU. My high school coach, Carlos Osegueda told me that big time players make big time plays in big time games in big time situations and that is what I did. I enjoyed the moment and then focused onto the next game.
2. All the hype and buzz Chiefs-wise is Glenn Dorsey right now, your ex- and once-again teammate. Tell us a little about the big man. Is he as good as advertised?
He is from LSU, what do you expect? I told Herm Edwards if you want to win, draft Glenn and that’s what he did. So you can expect “The Show” and former LSU superstar Glenn Dorsey to make it happen for the Chiefs this year.
3. We understand that you are thinking about taking “The Show” from the football field to the silver screen. Is Hollywood ready for D-Bo? What kind of stuff do you see yourself doing?
To be continued…
4. Lil’ Wayne is your favorite rapper. Could you hang with Weezy on the mic?
Of course, he do his thang on the mic, I do my thang on the field but at the same time we are both doing our thing.
I don’t hate neither of the teams…hate is a very strong word. I love playing both teams, they have very good corners who challenge me to do my best.
6. Who’s the bigger pretty boy: D-Bo or Tony G?
Neither, Tank Tyler!
7. How’s your Herm Edwards impersonation? Who’s the best on the Chiefs at doing Herm?
I do a pretty good Herm impersonation.
Good times! Hopefully, we’ll be able to do this again sometime during the season. For now, we hear that D-Bo is going to likely be doing some vlogging. So, we’ll holler at the YB folks and see if they can get that Herm impersonation on video over there.