- WPI has a great article on who the Chiefs might be looking at to fix their return game. The answer just might be WR Jordy Nelson. I think this would be a great pick in the third-fourth round, and many Chiefs fans would be very excited about seeing him play in red. Also, what is it with K-State players and being returners? There is at least five players that are currently returning kicks for NFL teams.
“He’s a fine, fine pro prospect,” Chuck Cook (Chiefs Director of College Scouting) said of Nelson. “I can’t give any higher, glowing recommendations on the way he attacked the game in college and the way he worked himself.”
“He’s really a self-made guy with skills, and that’s what you look for. You look for overachieving guys with physical skills. People don’t realize how fast the guy is. They don’t realize how big he is until they see him. I’ve had some defensive backs here and at the East-West game tell me that this guy, they don’t realize how fast he is on tape until they play the guy. He really has maximized his career at Kansas State.”
- The Kansas City Star is reporting that Eric Price could still end up on the Chiefs staff as WR’s coach because Karl Dorrell took the job with the Dolphins.
Chiefs coach Herm Edwards hired Chan Gailey instead of Price as offensive coordinator. But Edwards thinks highly of Price, who once coached for him when Edwards was with the New York Jets.
- Here is the rest of the Chiefs Offensive staff:
Curtis Modkins – Running Backs Coach (Colorado State’s OC last year)
Bob Bicknell - Offensive Line Coach (Asst. Offensive Line Coach last year)
- Check out the Arrowhead Cam to stay up on all the construction taking place.
- I know this is off-topic, but I couldn’t believe that former President Clinton was taking a nap during a MLK Celebration yesterday. Bill has a “DREAM” – New York Post